My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Monday, February 11, 2008

NYC Hugs

I lay in the dark in my little NYC room.
Such a small room to sleep in for such a big world

But in this world I hear Mozart, Vicente Fernandez, and Punjabi Jams
I’m worldly.
See.
All in this little room, my escape...my little place of Nirvana.

I had a wonderful dream that I was in London...how I love London
But the truth is that London could never hug me like New York
if so loving...why is it so lonely...I don’t know?

I don’t watch T.V.
I do listen to real life sitcoms
The black lady in the next building screams at her old man and kids
The Ghetto Jefferson’s I call them
I yell out the window, I love black people!!!
Then I blast James Brown out the window
I hear giggles from neighbors

See only New York can hug me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home