My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

303



John Coltrane’s song After The Rain is playing
How appropriate
It did rain today...or drizzled...too many words for it

I sometimes think of you walking the streets of New York
and wonder...
what happened to her, the one with the magical smile?

It’s the year of the rat.
They say it carries with it a water sign
Hope it doesn’t rain much more this year
Warm winter, long spring showers...days lost inside

Not a stalker or weirdo...too many of those in this city of 8 million
City of 8 million and its nice to know someone thinks about you
Now that isn’t creepy...is it?
No.

Sometimes I think I see you on a subway
Getting into a cab
Going into a store
Ghosts I say, and don’t give chase

Saw the flowers and thought of your smile.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Betty Underground said...

This is the most lovely thing I think I have read of yours.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ruby Osorio said...

Finally you send me your blog. Thank you... my favorite is the last line/ties it all so nicely together
Its the inspiration for today.
talk soon,
R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home