My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Uncle Jerry

I go the news that my uncle has cancer. I’m somewhat quiet when it comes to my family crisis. Yet, in this case I can’t keep quiet. My uncle is a proud man. He is a good man and one I consider to be a friend. At first glance one might think of him as a character (and he is) but he is so much more complex than people give him credit for. He enlisted in the Army at 16 to go to Nam. At the time he was the youngest soldier registered in the US Army and this is an actual fact that can be traced. I guess at that time it was common for a young man to lie about his age to register for the US services. I suppose that is a far cry from today and how we look at war but a different time and a different agenda I suppose. In any case, I suppose this was just on my mind and eating away at me since I lost my grandmother to cancer. I guess I just wanted to wish my Uncle Jerry the best with his fight with cancer. Nothing more needs to be said for he wouldn’t want me to be a man of many words when it came to this.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Student of Life said...

Cancer is a terrible, terrible disease. Your uncle will be in our thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home