My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Random Night Out

Crap. I have been taking some time away from writing about my times in the city and they have been plenty as of late. First, I have to write about a night out on the town with Marisa…oh, and The General. We started our time at Dragon Fly (Bleeker and McDougal. I guess this is a new Thai Restaurant in the village. I didn’t think the food was bad, but it wasn’t all that either. There are very few places where I eat Thai that I’m like…oooohhhh yeah! I suppose I should have done a report on this place in my food blog (which you should read, it’s linked up on the right side) but no need…somewhat uneventful. We had a spread of Beef Cubes and Chicken Cilantro….oh, the Chicken Cilantro was o.k. to be honest, I like cilantro so it was a nice change from plain chicken.

Oh, there was an older man eating with us. It was this group of different friends that John had that all brought other friends. In any case, one girl (hot Vietnamese girl) brought her father who was the life of the party. He was telling us how in Vietnam you can get a haircut with all the (female) trimmings in the back room if you wanted. I thought this was funny…then he went on to talk about his times in Vegas and as he stated, “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” all the while raising his eyebrows.

From there it was the old crew. Myself, Marisa “ The OC” Callahan, and John “The General” Lee. It was a good time and nice and relaxed. We had some drinks and just took note of our lives and where we were. I figured that not much had changed in my life but it has…I have to admit…I’m getting old. In any case, it was a fun time had by all and nothing over the top. We did stop by at the Belgium Beer Bar off of 4th St. which was cool. Like I said, nothing too over the top but nice and fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home