My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Random night with the Junior League



There is so much to get caught up on when it comes to my blogs. I suppose I want to write about the party that I went to with Julie and John “The General” Lee.

First, do you ever get yourself in those positions that you mean not to? For instance, it seems that I’m always helping people move into their apartments. My new roommate was moving in and I was rather excited at the fact that she said she was going to pack a van and move in. I figured I could help with a van move in. Yet, when she arrived she came in full force with a small U-Haul…this wasn’t a van. Lucky for us that Rey got out of work early to come and help. It took us only a few hours of walking up and down our stairs (5 flights) to get everything up there. I then had to run and shower before heading to the party where I was to meet John and Julie.

What can one say about a Jr. League party? I don’t know, a bunch of girls dressed up and getting drunk? I guess you have to like that to a certain extent. Myself, well I would say the party was entertaining to say the least. It was much more fun sitting there with Julie and John drinking and watching people fall over themselves while drinking instead of being at home. What can I say, they enjoy drinking and so do I so there I was drinking Tequila with two of my favorite-drinking buddies.

Then Julie decided to bail on us without saying good-bye. So The General and I only had the bartenders to talk to. I think The General said something to piss her off because she no longer wanted to talk to us the rest of the night. We made a rally call to the after party that just sucked…well so does the East Side for that matter. So we made a run to the West Side. Let’s just say it was happening…cough! cough! Well we made a good bid to lie to one another that a bar with 10 guys to every one girl was a happening night.

The General and I did decide to visit Iceland this coming year. I will let him take care of the details for that and I will just tag along. Oh, we did see a cute girl that had a hat on like Bear Bryant…red and white checks…funny as hell that I thought of The Bear right away. I guess he cemented that look.

We looked for something happening like a rat in the NYC subway looking for some scraps to eat. Yet in the end we found nothing what so ever. Damn! So The General went south and I went north…of course stopping at 96th Street for some tacos from the taco truck.

Here are some pictures from the night:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home