My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Asian Party


Hot Damn! I went to an Asian party this weekend at Taj here in NYC (no, this was not a gambling venture). What can I say, it was a blast…thanks to the John “The General” Lee who got the scoop on the event. I think this is the first Asian event for The General and myself, for it took us several hours to adjust to the new folk we were around. But first we went to eat sushi at one of our favorite places in the city, Tab Tos.

Dinner was great once again, but now we can’t get the Chef’s Special at this place because it has become too damn popular. I don’t know, The General said that if he calls in advance Uki could hook it up for us. I guess the one thing that really makes me sad is that this place is losing its flava. People are starting to find out about the place so they are flocking there and taking away from it’s mom and pop charm. Serious, now the place doesn’t seem like home anymore. I know, I know, how many Sushi places do you go to where you do feel like you are at home. Well this place was able to do that for me. Sure the price of the Sushi is still very inexpensive for the good…nay, the great quality, but I feel rushed there now.

It hurts me to say this because I know this is The General’s sushi spot. He’s followed Uki from uptown to downtown for his sushi. Yet, I think The General even has to concede that we are no longer the special customers we were.

The Asian party was going on for the most part. Actually, it was really fun and those folks know how to throw down. The General’s homie…can’t recall the name now…but he threw the bash and somehow managed to pack the place. Not sure how these Asians role, but if Mexicans were to try and throw such a big party it wouldn’t happen, at least not here in NYC.

We stayed until the late hours of 4:30 am or so then decided to leave. I tell you, next time I’m there I will take some pictures of the ladies for you all. Hope all is well and enjoy your day…more posts coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home