My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Is NYC Dead?

John “The General” Lee and myself hit the city last night in hopes of a few drinks and just getting caught up. I find myself not chillin with John as much as before because I have been just spending most of my nights at home in my room reading, writing and playing poker. So we went out last night in hopes of having a good time.

Now it’s a Thursday night in the city and it’s rather warm out so we are thinking…wow…there has just got to be tons going on. WRONG! The city was dead. Remember when one use to be able to hit the city on any given night and the city would be going crazy. Not saying all the happening spots but just the local bars use to be packed. Well sorry to say that last night even the village was dead. I can’t explain this for the life of me. Yet, there were some highlights and I will post them here.

1. We found a happening bar on that plays throw back music all night…BVD, Cameo, Lisa-Lisa, Debbie Deb and all the other ARTISTS from that era. To my surprise John knew 99% of the songs…I was laughing because in many ways this game him more street creed in my book.

2. I have gone back to my Rum and Cokes…CUBA LIBRE is the way to drink. Serious, pace yourself one at a time.

3. Saw my second hot lesbian girl for the week. Although this one was single and hitting on a girl that didn’t want anything to do with her. The other was at SIP but she was there with a girl and just getting her groove on. It wasn’t a groove…it was more like a lip-lock combined with the forbidden dance.

4. Had some Ghetto Chinese Food…I haven’t had that stuff in some time. For those readers outside the city…Ghetto Chinese are these little hole in the wall Chinese Places in the NYC that are small, dingy and dirty places that serve Chinese Food…they all look alike in that they have pretty much the same menu…kind of a chain but not really.

5. Got to chill with The General. That dude is just funny. Besides knowing all the songs that the DJ was spinning…it’s good to be with a homie that can function in any environment.

In closing, the question remains…is the city dead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home