My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Know



I remember it...
Sitting in the dark being lonely longing for family;

I know.

About living on campus broke...
so you live in the library for a month;

I know.

We all have sad stories of struggle...
some of us make it a habit of it;

I know.

Doing jobs to make ends meet...
jobs that a high school kid could have done;

I know.

But don’t you dare ever give up your childhood ability to dream...

...And How Sad It Is When We Stop Dreaming...

THAT I DO KNOW.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Student of Life said...

Rooster, I SO get this. I still have the DESIRE to dream. However, I no longer have defined dreams. I know what I want for my family. What do I want for myself? No clue. Gotta learn to dream again. Thanks for this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home