My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Spanglish

I think most of the time in English...yes, even when I speak in Spanish

My Dad says he thinks in Spanish about 80% of the time

My Mom...not sure.

My Sister...we don’t talk about that type of stuff

I listen to Spanish music about 50% of the time, country about 30%, jazz about 10%, rap about 5%, classical about 4%, and other music 1% of the time.

My barber doesn’t speak a word of English, been cutting my hair for 12 years and we never speak...I sit in seat and he cuts

Most of my friends speak both Spanish and English, I speak to them in Spanish...they speak to me in English

I can switch from English to Spanish and Spanish to English mid-sentence
My Mom says one or the other for mixing brings bad habits

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but which language do you dream in?

I can stumble in both spanish and french but trying to do all at the same time can result in pain.
I end up running the sentences through the translator once for each tongue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home