My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Penthouse Party

It’s been such a long time since I have written in my city blog. Wow! Of course there’ve been many a story that I can tell but I guess I shall start with last night.

First, it was cold as hell last night. Geezzz the winter has finally arrived here in NYC. It takes a lot for me to say it’s cold…I’m not one of those stupid California people who come to NYC and say, “it’s so cold” when it’s only 50. No, I have lived here to see the snow in of 10 years ago and so forth. So I know what is cold and what isn’t…but it was cold yesterday.

O.K. so Rey “El Rey” Contreras decided to get together for some drinks at the Pac-10 happy hour. Much respect to Julie “Guinness” Ohara…who got us an open tab at Proof for a whole hour. I had my new drink of Whiskey and Coke as did Rey. I figure everyone has to jump on board to the new drink that I’m in love with. O.K. not in love with, but it’s kind of been my drink of choice as of late. So there we were drinking Whiskey and Cokes and we decided to go outside and get some fresh freezin’ ass air. We then took off to Central Bar for another two rounds. About this time the only thing keeping me warm in the drink…but I’m feeling nice and warm.

It was then that Rey mentioned that he knew of a party going on up the street. We took off to the party at the Penthouse Suite…o.k. so Rey doesn’t hit many parties nor does he bring me to many, but this party was the, SHIT!! It was on with the alcohol, the music and the view of the city. Great time and good people. We almost busted out in some shots, but we were already done for the most part. The highlight of the party was this really drunk Asian girl who was a dancing machine. I was just sitting there going…this is crazy…huge bottles and bottles of Greygoose…overlooking NYC…what can be better? And I had El Rey there to make me laugh…good times people…good times.

In closing, next entry will be about what happened when the D.C. Players Crew came threw NYC. All I can say is that it was CRAZY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home