My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Jersey Boy Now?

As I mentioned, I was in Jersey with Pinky this past weekend. We had a wonderful time just trolling. You know what trolling is, when you don’t do anything just kind of bum it all day. In other words, “loafing” is what we country folk call it.

We watched two great movies:

"Mad Hot Ballroom" and "Saving Face"

I really liked both movies but as Pinky says, “you like every movie, you aren’t objective at all.” I have to agree, I either like a movie or I don’t. But I tend to like about 98% of the movies I watch. Sorry I was just built that way. I highly suggest you watch the movies. I had some strong opinions about both, but if you don't want to know I will not point them out. O.K. I will point them out since you begged...haha! I though the main character in "Saving Face" was a bit too dramatic and over-acted in some areas. Of course Pinky disagreed with me. I also didn’t like "Mad Hot Ballroom" in the aspect that they made all the Latino kids look as if they were doomed to fail. Nuff said and you can see the movies and let me know what you think.

So of course Pinky has a tiny dog named, Corkie. To be honest, I’m really not a dog person. I am, but we always keep our dogs outside and never use to let them come in the house. So the whole concept of an indoor dog is very foreign to me and something I just don’t understand till this day. Yet, Corkie was sick so we had to do the whole late night Vet visit and stuff. It was rather drama but I think Corkie and I bonded a bit because I seen her for a sick dog, more than an indoor dog.

Of course we had our share of food. Simple Italian and some really good Indian food!!

I always enjoy my time with Pinky in the Jersey. This weekend was exceptionally fun because we got to save Corkie from her illness and watch some good movies and just loaf around.

I just wanted to thank the host if she’s reading for a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home