My Little City Blog

Nights and days pass in Gotham. Each area is distinct and posing its own reality…coffee shop, pizza parlor, and dry cleaners…all the same but different…in that they create many different realities. This blog is my reality.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My People II

As aforementioned I am going to break up my post into 3 parts when it comes to giving you, the reader, a little glimpse of my family back in Watsonville, Ca.



This is my cousin Tony. What can I say, it is a blessing that he's with us today. Tony was and is one of my favorite cousins. As a kid he use to put on gloves on me and let me throw leather at him while he just tried to slip punches. Take note that I said, tried to slip punches....haha! He is married to a beautiful woman and if you see my cousins from my previous post...the taller one is one of his two beautiful daughters.

Steve, the guy by him is a family friend who has been around for a long time. We have an annual fund raiser at Steve's house yearly where we have carnitas and a horseshoe throwing tournament to raise money for the local little league. Steve has a beautiful wife, Monica who was getting over an illness and wasn't able to make this event. But they are both staples at my families functions because they are family.



The next picture is of my Uncle Joe. Shit, what can I say about Uncle Joe that you don't already know those of you who know me. Uncle Joe lives in LA and is my mother's little baby brother. He use to take me to concerts as a kid and we still hit one from time to time when we are in the same city. Without a doubt Uncle Joe is one of the main components of our family glue now that my grandmother passed away. He makes it a point to travel to see everyone and calls everyone from time to time which is cool. I sometimes think that Uncle Joe should have a three page post about our stories or his very own chapter in my next book. Not enough could be said nor can my words do Uncle Joe any justice to be honest.

The dog in the picture is my folks dog named, Pepe. He's a good dog and a bit hyper but I think that is because he's young. My folks like this dog which is cool because if you know Mexicans they are willing to give a dog away from one day to the next or accidentally lose him at the park...cough!cough!



This picture is of a flower my grandmother left us. My grandmother had a huge garden and would basically grow these plants from a little stem she would steal from someone else's plants. She would just kindly ask to take a little piece and she would grow it in a cup at first and it would just take off. So although my grandmother is no longer around I look at these flowers and I'm reminded of her.



This last page is what country people do. We just sit out back, drink beers and of course sing Mexican music all night long. That is my uncle Jerry on the guitar and my Dad belting out a little diddly. As kids I remember when my father use to go to my uncle Rudy's (Tony's father) and they would play well into the night and laugh, sit around drinking and playing the guitar. Fond memories that I didn't know would mean so much to me today. I miss those jam sessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home